Meade Infinity 70mm Refractor Telescope
The Meade Infinity 70mm AZ Refractor Telescope is a quality entry-level refractor designed for observations of the Moon and other Solar system objects. Its 70mm objective lens creates a bright and sharp image. This model will help you to see polar ice caps and seas on Mars during opposition, the phases of Venus, Saturn’s rings, and many other celestial objects. The telescope is also suitable for terrestrial viewing.
The kit includes two eyepieces – a long focal length eyepiece allows you to cover a large area, while a short focal length eyepiece is used for observations at high magnifications. The model is equipped with a Red Dot finderscope. The package also includes a DVD with Planetarium software.
The telescopes is installed on Alt-azimuth mount. Such mounts are easy to use and are optimal for visual observations.
AutoStar Suite Astronomer Edition software will help you learn the night sky. It displays more than 10,000 celestial objects including planets, stars, galaxies and nebulas. You can print out star charts and even plan your observing session. It operates on any Windows based PC.
- Telescope comes complete with everything you need to view the wonders of the night sky the first time out.
- 70mm (2.8”) Refracting Telescope delivers bright images that is ideal for viewing both land and celestial objects.
- Features an altazimuth mount with slow motion control rod for tracking celestial objects as they move across the night sky.
- Comes with 2 eyepieces for viewing a wide range of objects (Moon, planets, or land), and a 2x barlow that doubles the magnification of each eyepiece.
- Bonus Autostar Suite Astronomy planetarium DVD with over 10,000 celestial objects (Windows PC only).
- Includes a red dot viewfinder to help locate objects you want to observe.
|Brand||Meade Instruments Corp.|
|Package size (LxWxH), cm||89.15x29.72x23.11|
|Shipping Weight, kg||5.9|
|Objective lens diameter (aperture), mm||70.0|
|Focal length, mm||700|
|Limiting stellar magnitude||11.3|
|Slow-motion controls||vertical axis|
|User level||beginners, for children|
|Observed object||terrestrial objects, planets of the Solar System|