LUNT LS80THa/B1800CPT H-alpha Solar Telescope
Complete H-alpha solar telescope with 80mm aperture, <0.7 Angstrom bandwidth, advanced air-pressure tuning system, B1800 blocking-filter, and Crayford focuser. The large B1800 blocking-filter provides smaller vignetting for imaging.
The LS80THa/B1800CPT is a complete telescope for observing the sun in H-alpha, a precision aligned ED refractor with 80mm aperture (no central obstruction) and 560mm focal length. An internal Etalon with advanced air-pressure tuning system “Pressure-Tuner” provides <0.7 Angstrom bandwidth. This “Pressure Tuner” system allows a more accurate Etalon adjustment than other systems. The “Pressure-Tuner” system adapted the Etalon to varying altitudes and atmospheric pressures for always optimal performance. The Etalon is installed safely inside the telescope-tube.
Fine adjustment is achieved with a Crayford style focuser with 10:1 reduction.
Blocking-filter is the B1800. The B1800 is good for visual solar observing, and also good for solar imaging. The star diagonal in which the blocking filter is installed, is equipped as standard for 1.25” eyepieces and with a T2 camera connection.
The telescope is upgradeable with the additional available DSII double-stack system. The optional DSII system is a internal double stack module with “Pressure Tuner”, that provides a bandwidth <0.5 Angstrom. More details on the solar surface will become visible by reducing the bandwidth.
- Aperture: 80mm (ED refractor, unobstructed)
- Focal length: 560mm
- Bandwidth: internal Etalon with <0.7 Angstrom
- Tuning: air-pressure tuning system
- Blocking-filter: B1800 with 1.25” and T2 connection
- Focuser: Crayford-style with 10:1 reduction
- Integrated 1/4”-20 tapped base (standard thread for photo-tripods)
- Dove tail bar with GP level for astronomical mounts
The kit includes:
- LS80THa H-alpha solar telescope
- Pressure-Tuner system
- B1800 blocking-filter in star-diagonal
- 2” Crayford focuser
- 1/4”-20 connection and dove tail bar
- LUNT zoom eyepiece
- Transport case
- Instruction manual
|Brand||LUNT Solar Systems|
|Primary mirror diameter (aperture), mm||80.0|
|Focal length, mm||560|
|Focuser||2”, Crayford, 2-speed (1:10)|
|User level||experienced users|
|Observed object||the Sun|